Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Lost is Found!

Well, last night was the premiere for Season 6 of Lost - the final season. I had missed the last 2 episodes of last season so I watched them prior to the show on hulu.com (a great web site if you've missed episodes of your favorite TV shows!). So I was caught up when the show started, and didn't have to watch the 'clip show' that was on prior.

Knowing it's the last season brings mixed feelings. I've been pretty into the show over the years, after watching the first season in reruns over the summer after it debuted. I love the characters and there is certainly a lot of sci-fi feel to it, like The X-Files..... Some people see religious overtones (Kathleen is always looking for Bible references and has found a number of them in character names and places). Personally, I don't try to read too much into it, I prefer it simply as a human interest/action drama, with a lot of interesting characters and humorous situations. While there may be some 'good vs evil' aspect to it, especially now with the introduction of the cynical 'Man in Black' and Jacob, the more positive, 'free-will' guy generally being seen in a white shirt, I still think people read too much into it. Is the island purgatory? Is it a good vs evil clash? A morality play? Who knows. It's just fun and addictive.

No comments: