Friday, February 19, 2010

'70's Cultural Icons - Clothing Edition

For some reason, last night I started randomly searching in Google for various '70's clothing items, and came up with some great stuff....

Earth shoes - these are probably the reason that I have back issues today! If man was mean to walk with our heel lower than our toes, we would have been born with our heels in a hole....











Frye boots - oh yeah, these were the coolest things ever, and the switching back from these to Earth shoes probably contributed to my achy back!











A popular fabric back in the day, Qiana, was also an effective way of losing weight, as it would trap any and all sweat against your body....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qiana

Nike Cortez - the first sneaker they made, I had a pair when they came out in the early '70's. Funny to see them back in stores now.....









And, of course, bell bottoms! I had a pair of hip-hugger, denim bell bottoms that were my favorite pants for decades... ummm, years......












Platform shoes, anyone? I had a pair of plain brown ones very similar to these. Worked perfectly with the bell bottom jeans!












Seems to me I wore a powder blue tux to my Senior HS Prom, probably not unlike this one...












Ahhh, good times for sure.....

No comments: